FIRE SAFETY & EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN
It is the responsibility of each employee to know and understand the Eastern Synod’s Emergency Evacuation Plan developed for the synod office building.
Each employee is responsible to be familiar with the locations of all fire alarm pull stations, portable fire extinguishers, exits and telephones.
It is the responsibility of each employee to know if anyone in the synod office is temporarily disabled and would require assistance in an emergency evacuation.
The Health and Safety Representative is responsible to check each floor – or to assign a person to check – to ensure that every person has safely evacuated the building.
In Case of Fire
- Activate the fire alarm by pulling the nearest pull station. The fire alarm is monitored by Counterforce Security System. Counterforce monitors the fire alarm system and batteries every 3 minutes.
- If possible, extinguish the fire using a fire extinguisher.
- Leave the fire area.
- Close, but do not lock all doors behind you.
- Use exits to leave the building immediately.
- Do not return until it is declared safe to do so by Fire Officials.
- Using designated crosswalks, meet other evacuees across Weber Street adjacentto the sign for the St. Louis Adult Learning Centre.