The days are getting warmer. The sun is out more frequently. Seedlings are growing. It’s almost summer!
And yet, we are in an extraordinary time. The other day I saw a sign in someone’s window and it said:
I have hope
• Because the trees are still standing tall
• Because the birds are still singing
• Because the gardens are waking up
• Because the people are still smiling and waving to each other
We want to share the following Camp Lutherlyn news with you.
JULY CHILDREN’S CAMP
• Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Camp Lutherlyn has made some decisions for the 2020 Summer Camp
season. We know that this is difficult for our campers, parents, staff and camp alumni, but we feel it is the
right thing to do.
o The four weeks of children’s camp in July have been cancelled
o We are hopeful that we may be able to run a children’s camp in August, but will make decisions on
this in the upcoming months
• There are many factors affecting our decision, particularly how long the precautionary measures currently
in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 will last. As much of the planning for the 2020 summer season
happens in the next few months, these decisions could not wait. Our Camp Lutherlyn Leadership team will
be monitoring the situation and looking for opportunities as we move through the next few months to
create Camp memories, just a little differently than we have done for the past 55 years.
AUGUST FAMILY CAMP
• Family Camp from August 2 to 7 has not been cancelled; we will be monitoring the public health
restrictions as the date approaches.
• Arrangements to keep people safe are being made. For example, each family would have their own living
space (cabin or bedroom at Four Seasons); meals could be done as take-away; additional sanitization
procedures will be in place; and appropriate physical distancing maintained during all group activities.
• The family camp brochure and registration forms can be found here:
• Camp Lutherlyn – Four Seasons and the Main Camp – remains open for rentals allowed by Public Health
rules. Additional sanitization will be done by our professional cleaners.
• Please email us at email@example.com with your booking request.
WORK AT CAMP
• The planned May 9 spring workday has been cancelled.
• Our fall workday is scheduled for Saturday, September 26, early enough to hopefully miss fall
congregational activities. We are expecting it will be held; let’s see if we can get a great turnout again this
• In the meantime, we plan to have some work done at the camp – installation of new cabin decks and steps
(4 cabins) by small groups of volunteers. We are modifying our Canada Summer Student Grant application
for 2 student positions to support this property work.
ONTARIO CAMPS ASSOCIATION
• We are thrilled that Camp Lutherlyn has achieved provisional one status in our journey towards Ontario
Camps Association accreditation!
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM): Saturday, June 20
• This year’s AGM will be held virtually at 10 a.m. There will be options for both video conferencing and
• We welcome anyone who is interested in the camp to attend. Besides the regular business of the annual
members meeting, this is an opportunity for the Board to share highlights of the past year and plans for
the upcoming year with you.
• Be sure to obtain your corporate membership in advance so you can vote at the AGM. No registration will
take place on the day of the meeting.
http://www.lutherlyncamp.ca/downloads.html at the bottom left-hand side.
• We will send out formal notice of the AGM and the agenda for the meeting to anyone who has registered
by May 20th. Membership fee ($20) must be received by June 19th:
– e-transferred to Lutherlyn.firstname.lastname@example.org with a note Corporate Membership, or
– mailed to P.O. Box 531, Pembroke, ON K8A 6X7
• At least one position on the Board of Directors is available. If you feel called to share your time and talents
with us, the Board’s Nominating Committee would like to hear from you. You must be a corporate member
in order to be a Board member. Please email us at email@example.com with your interest as soon as
Stay well. Take care of others. Find the silver linings in this time together.