Posted: November 4, 2020Position Type: Full-time
Position Category: Chaplaincy and Pastoral
Location: Toronto South Detention Centre, Toronto, ON
Consider Your Next Career with the Ministry of the Solicitor General, Ontario Public Service!
The Ontario Public Service is one of the largest employers in the province, with a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We believe in the core values of trust, fairness, diversity, excellence, creativity, collaboration, efficiency and responsiveness. We invite you to join our teams!
The Ministry of the Solicitor General is embarking on a large-scale initiative to modernize Ontario’s correctional system, with a focus on enhancing safety and security, infrastructure and services in institutions across the province. Consider a rewarding career in correctional services and join us in making a difference in the lives of individuals in custody and in keeping our communities safe.
We are currently seeking Chaplains to provide spiritual and religious care and support to inmates. This role will involve responsibility for maintaining a comprehensive, multicultural chaplaincy program for inmates, their families, and staff.
There are 3 opportunities currently available:
• 1 position located at Toronto South Detention Centre (160 Horner Avenue, Etobicoke)
• 1 position located at Toronto East Detention Centre (55 Civic Road, Toronto)
• 1 position located at Hamilton-Wentworth Detention Centre (165 Barton Street East, Hamilton)
***Please be sure to indicate your location of preference when submitting your application
The Ministry of the Solicitor General offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package, including:
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities, including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization through a wide range of career fields
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada’s Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto’s Top 90 Employers
• Canada’s Best Diversity Employers
• Canada’s Greenest Employers
• Top Employers for Canadians Under 40
For more information, please visit: https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?JobID=156460