St. John's Augsburg, formed in 1862, is often referred to as the "mother church" of the Upper Ottawa Valley. Each year we celebrate our heritage while at the same time remembering our faithful with an annual Cemetery Decoration Service. Currently we are working on "greening" our current church building by replacing the original windows as funding permits. In reaching out to our greater community, we support Lutherlyn Camp & Conference Center, our local Food Bank, and the Christian Salvage mission, as well as CLWR initiatives.
We are a quiet country church with a membership of mature years who extend a welcome to all. In recent years we have been working on making our facilities wheelchair accessible and to date our worship and narthex areas are accessible through changes to our driveway and the building interior. Some of our highlight events include our annual cemetery decoration service and annual Mother's Day Brunch in support of our 'Kids for Kamp' program to send children to Camp Lutherlyn. We are currently planning to celebrate our 150th anniversary in 2013, with many upcoming events